Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Work Completed

On Sunday, I got up at 8 AM to put on 2 coats of latex paint. I was planning to get up at 7 AM to begin work, but I was really tired and I allowed myself another hour of sleep. I finished the first coat by noon. I will admit that I might have missed some areas, but I tried to give as extensive a coat of paint as possible. There were indeed some areas that I couldn't reach. I guess that's the difference between an amateur painter and a professional painter. Even my many years of experience painting military models and figures couldn't adequately prepare me for this project.


By the time I finished the first coat of the last bit, the areas that I started out first had already been dried. So I continue to put on the second coat. The second coat progressed much faster and I didn't have to spend too much time painting the details of the fence railing. So, by about 1:30 PM, I switched to mowing the lawn while I let the paint to dry. At 2:30 PM, I breaked for a late and quick lunch. After lunch, I did a final touch up and began packing things up. By now, my back began to hurt and I noticed that my arms and legs had some itchy mosquito bites, even though I had put on "Off" earlier. Around 4 PM, I locked up and headed to the bus station for a ride back to NYC.


When I got back to my apartment in Bay Ridge, I was dead tired. I was so glad that I had done my chores last Thursday. Now, I kickback and ,for the first time this weekend, I relaxed and watched a little Olympic Games on T.V. before I went to bed.





Monday came with a little pleasant surprise. A client without a scheduled appointment came in to see me bearing a gift. He thanked me for my work on his case. It's always nice to have an appreciative client. This lifted my spirit somewhat. The gift was nicely wrapped and I didn't have the hearts to rip the wrapping paper up. So, I haven't opened it yet, but I bet it is a shirt.



No comments: