Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween & Afrikakorps Anti-tank Gun Crew

Tonight is Halloween. A few days ago while I was walking down Ridge Blvd., I saw the Halloween lawn decoration below. Very creative.

This is a flying witch on a vaccum cleaner. With a strong wind blowing the black plastic cloak, it could look quite scary at night.




This is suppose to be a headless man with his head floating next to his body. The head is suspended by a wire and bounces when the wind blows. It looks amazing at night in the dark.


I finally found time to paint the WWII Afrikakorps Pak36 anti-tank gun crew. I took these pictures in the bathroom as it seems to be the only room in my apartment that has the best lighting. The paint job on these figures are not entirely done yet, but I want to see how they look through a camera's lens. Here is the officer pointing. I used Tamiya and artist arylic paints on the figures. I deliberately painted his shorts German Field Grey to add some variety to the set.


Here is the gunner with the standard M1940 desert yellow shirt, shorts and first pattern short ankle boots. On his head is the standard M1940 peaked field cap.


This guy is wearing all standard regulation issued Afrikakorps uniform, except for his tie and webbing anklet.




Here is the loader wearing continential field grey breeches. Perhaps M1940 desert yellow breeches supplies have run out. I have not painted the artillery shell he is holding yet.





No comments: